Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Techy Debate!

Droid 2 or IPhone 4?

'Kay fellow phone lovers! I'm here posting the facts of both the At&t IPhone 4 and the Motorola Droid 2 from Verizon.

IPhone 4 (http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/packages/packages-details.jsp?q_package=sku4710254&_requestid=58020)

  • Dual facing cameras- a must for those pics with your friends :)
  • Video camera capabilities
  • Texting and Mobile Email
  • Web Browsing through Safari
  • Calendar through MobileMe
  • Notepad
  • Alarm clock
  • Call waiting
  • Caller ID
  • Address book
  • Multitasking 
  • Speaker phone 
  • Bluetooth
  • IPod 
  • Calculator
  • Navigator
  • Apps through iTunes
Droid 2 (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=5568)
  • Camera
  • Slide out keyboard
  • Web Browsing with google
  • Notepad
  • Apps through Android
  • Caller ID
  • Calendar through GMail
  • Texting and Mobile Email
  • Speaker phone
  • Multitasking
  • Bluetooth
  • Music Player
  • Navigator
  • Address book
Droid 2 vs IPhone 4

As you can see, they are extremely similar and I personally had both of them at one time or another so here is my personal experience:
  • I love the dual cameras on the IPhone because taking pictures with my friends was a hassle with my droid
  • After a while my droid got slow at opening apps and was constantly force closing them
  • The Droid constantly shut itself down. The IPhone has never done that to me
  • I use my IPod Touch all the time and have ITunes so being able to use my ITunes on my phone was a lot easier.
  • One main thing I miss is the slide out keyboard on the droid but the IPhone also has a full keyboard when turned sideways
  • Battery Life. BIG problem. The droid battery life was terrible. It last 10 hours tops. My IPhone, even after 3 months, still lasts roughly 25 or 26 hours even with me constantly being on Facebook and twitter. 
So there you have it. Feel free to comment and share any of your experiences with either of these phones.


No comments:

Post a Comment