Monday, September 17, 2012

Pinterest Rant

This is long overdue. 

Okay, I know I'm not the only one who notices it. You know, when you're just browsing Pinterest, looking at cute clothes, hair style, DIYs, animals, tattoos, etc then all the sudden you see a picture of a half naked female (usually. Not trying to stereotype) saying something like "this is you in 6 months" and shes like ripped. Or before and after pictures when they "lost 200 pounds with no exercise" or just stupid stuff.






I fully understand that the female mentality looks like this (after all, I'm a teenage girl.)

I'm not going to go into a rant about how every girl is beautiful (because they are). Another time, another post. Promise. 

What frustrates me is that these posts on Pinterest are some times advertising diet pills and risky procedures. Women of the world, YOU DON'T NEED IT. I understand that you may not always like your body but who cares? As long as you have your family and friends (who I guarantee don't care) why? You need to be comfortable with yourself and your life. And after that if you wanna lose weight just cuz (do it for you. No one else. Not a guy, friend, whatever. Just you) then go out and run. Go to the YMCA or gym near you and release some stress. Cut pop or candy out of your diet. Whatever you wanna do but don't resort to diet pills and surgery. You're better than that.

Personally, I'm sick of seeing half naked people on pinterest. Congrats! You lost weight and look awesome! Join a dieting site or blog your progress where I can avoid it. I just wanna look at puppies not your belly. 

My opinions. Love them or hate them. What're yours?



No comments:

Post a Comment